First Look – Updated Player Roles
In the next update every Player Card will be allocated a specific role within the Arena:
- The last line of defence. It’s his job to keep the ball out of the back of the net.
- An out and out defender. Stays at the back and just does his job of defending!
Ball Playing Def
- A more refined defender who also looks to play football and get forward. Be careful though he may look to get forward too much and leave you exposed at the back!
- A midfielder whose primary job is to stop the opposition. He closes down players quickly and attempts to start moves from deep.
- A midfielder who looks to attack and help the forwards, surging runs are his specialty. Don’t expect him to do much defending though!
- A forward or midfielder who looks to play wide, make wide runs and dribble wide. The wings are his domain and defending is for others to worry about!
Deep Lying Forward
- A forward who will drop deeper to link play up and always comes towards a pass. They’re still a forward though and love to score!
- A strong forward who will keep the ball and hold off defenders, until they can shoot or pass the ball. Very effective when used in the right hands!
- A player that will always look to stretch the opposition and get on the end of long passes or through balls. Loves to find space beyond the defence and score goals.
This will give you more to think about when selecting your players and tactics prior to entering the Arena!
Please leave your thoughts and feedback on the forums.